Okay, I’m at work, so I’ve gotta make this snappy. These are a couple stills and animations of Planet Coludaba VII, before it was bombed to glass by the Zynecherians. I’m going to follow up this post with shots of the ruined planet at a later date. I’m still trying to decide whether to add a ring (maybe that will come about as a result of the bombardment) Anyway, enjoy!
Here’s a short flyby clip of the heavy battlecruiser Anylise with a few of the SFX in place. I have quite a bit of art piled up at the moment, so I’ll probably be posting at least once a week for awhile, but this test looked so good I just had to share it. I was very happy with this video– it rendered overnight at 720p, which is very impressive, considering that I was using bokeh and glow effects (also, the materials were not baked so my poor i7 had to deal with shaders). I’m finally starting to become truly comfortable with Blender, though there’s still so much more to learn. The timing needs to be faster on the running lights, and I realized I need to add some sort of visible propulsion system (probably going to go with some sort of ion engine a la Star Wars, rather than Trek-ian glowing panels, since this is not an especially advanced ship). I’m also working on the windows. Not sure how they should be configured, and since this is basically a warship, it’ll have far fewer portals than, say, the Enterprise. I wish I would’ve thought to add a destination (maybe a gas giant planet or a barren asteroid) at the end of the clip. All in all, I just wish the shot was longer. I can’t wait to start working on a battle sequence!
This is a bit of a fun little experiment involving reflections, modifiers, text, cloth, decals, externally linked objects and different types of lighting, which I whipped up last night whilst watching House. I had a lot of fun with it, and it doesn’t serve much of a purpose, but it illustrate some of the power of Blender’s rendering and physics engine. I’m still working on inlaying windows, though– I can’t figure out how to do it without driving my polycount through the roof. Anyway, here’s my little display case. Enjoy!